Saturday, March 8, 2008

More Booties

Here are the booties I mentioned earlier this week. Both pairs are for co-workers who commissioned me. YAY! I'm a commissioned knitter :) I used Sublime baby cashmere merino silk dk...which is unbelieveably soft. The pattern was from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and the needles I used were bamboo double-pointed US #2. These were so fun to do - I love double knitting!
These were shot in a conference room at work, which has the coolest black marble counters near the window - makes for a great photo studio, even on a cloudy yucky day.


I think the pink ones are overall my favorites. The bows work so well and look perfectly girly without being, er, over-the-top frilly.

I had to put something on the backs of these because I made a row counting mistake on one which made it look a little shorter than the other. Ahee. Hopefully it's not too noticeable. I honestly didn't even figure it out or notice it until about 30 minutes before I gave them to the ricipient. I think the bows help the issue, and also provide a nice detail in an unexpected place. Plus, I actually fell in love with the plain front on the blue for some reason. The color is pretty amazing.

The coolest thing about these projects is that I have some left over uber-soft goodness to use for another small project, perhaps a headband? I have a headband pattern in the one and only Rowan magazine I own, number 36. I fell in love with the Anthropologie style patterns, and I'm currently working on Lisette. I've not seen a single completed version of this sweater online, so I might just be the first to post a finished example. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment