Monday, March 10, 2008

Goodies!!!

On Friday last week I got the sweetest package in the mail from my two sisters. I had been searching for these old curlers we used to use as kids that were twisty rods covered with colorful rubber. When they were shopping a while back they came across said curlers and grabbed 3 sets for me!! Then they proceeded to pile in super sweet extras like this gorgeous coin purse:

Oh my word, I audibly gasped when I opened this. I was sitting at my desk at work tickled to death to get the package and just tore in. I wish I had gotten a picture of the pretty wrapping job they did on all the pieces, but that is now safely stored in my drawer for future gift wrapping. Here are the rest of the goodies they included. The scrunchy is an especially sweet gift since it is a highly sentimental April Cornell scrunchy that I have admired on my sister for years. She just sent it saying she missed me. OH I have to get her back for that! I see handmade goodies heading her way in the near future...

As if I wasn't spoiled ENOUGH by getting this wrinkled egg style package, I also got a lovely purse from my boss :) She just got back from Buenos Aires, which is a famous place to buy leather. The flowers are also leather, and the petals all have little wires so they're moldable. It's so chic! I have already filled up my coin purse and slipped it inside in anticipation of warmer weather. I plan to use this in the summer, and to upgrade from my current little wallet to angry chicken's pattern for the no cash wallet. I figure I can put all my change in my little change purse and keep my cards and bills in my "no cash" wallet.


I also wanted to show you a photo of Lisette from Rowan 36. This was my first attempt, which I have since completely pulled out because the gauge was too tight. Yes, I made all that progress before I gave up and reassessed my gauge. Another reason for starting fresh was to try the shoulder shaping again on the back piece (left in the photo). For some reason the instructions make NO sense to me. Whatsoever. At all. I feel retarded when I read them, and I just know I'm missing something obvious. GRRRRR. I'm nearly to the shoulders now on my retry (gauge being perfect now, thank heaven), so I will let you know if I have any more luck.


I am suspicious there is something wrong with the directions, but really it's probably just something wrong with my brain. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment