Thursday, March 11, 2010

wire hanger


I was looking through my stuff from Italy a while ago (I did a foreign study there in 2001), I found a stack of beautiful postcards that I couldn't believe I didn't have hanging up. The trouble was how to hang them. I didn't want to tape them up, and I didn't want to just lean them against something. After looking at several wire wall card holders in places like Pottery Barn, I decided I would make my own (story of my life).


It took about 5 hangers, bascially all twisted by hand except the spirals which were twisted using pliers. 10 very sore fingers later, instant gratification without shelling out dollars for wire. Yay!


I think it's wonky shape is anthropologie-esque. I hope I'm not the only one :) Here it is holding some of my postcards:


It really does brighten up our bedroom too. I should take a picture once I have the room cleaned up a bit.
Just for fun, here's a cute pic of our little Pipsqueak asleep in his chair - adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment