Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stupid in Charleston

Hubby and I went adventuring in Charleston yesterday, and man is it a unique place! He had a doctor's appointment there that morning (which I believe we will rethink in the future considering its a two hour drive), so we went tripping around the downtown for a few hours before heading home. This is where "stupid" comes in - we realized while walking all over everywhere that we had parked our car in a random parking garage and had NO IDEA how to get back to it. All we remembered was that we walked through a bunch of winding back streets when we left it! Trying very hard not to panic we asked around and checked every parking garage we could find. BAHAHA! Just had to have a laugh at myself. Fortunately our good spirits stayed intact, found the car, and had a good chuckle on the way home. Charleston reminded me of Mexico because it was so open and quiet, and also of Europe because it is so extremely old for us young whipper snapper Americans. I always imagined it was very much like Boston, but it has a totally different feel. I didn't fall head over heels, but I really enjoyed visiting! I found this awesome tin sign in the downtown market that reminded SO much of my mother I had to call her (she has coffee running through her veins). We both laughed so much about it she just had to have it, so I will always remember our silly day-trip when I visit Mom's kitchen :)

3 comments:

  1. You are SO making me laugh! This totally reminds me of something I would do! Glad to hear you maintained your composure, they say that's the most important thing to do is "stay calm" when you are lost in the big bad *wilderness*!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you got a mix! How exciting! Thank you for being such a sweet blog friend!

    And I love your new profile pic!! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete